A big thank you to all my followers

Monday 6 October 2014

The Card Concept # 20



When I saw The Card Concept challenge I had to have a little think as these are not colours that  I would normally work with, and I like making cards that I will use ,well if they turn out ok :) and not just fit in to a challenge.
  In Scotland Hallow'een and trick and treating are becoming much more popular now but we don't actually exchange cards yet in fact I all I can remember doing is dookin for apples (bobbing),and eating my dads homemade toffee apples, and my poor dad had to make lanterns out of a turnip or swede .-ouch - pumpkins are sooo much easier :)  and we didn't go round the neighbours or have even have a party as such...  ah those were the days hee he.

Then light bulb moment, because of the moving of rooms it makes it so much easier to see my stamps and I saw this one from SU called Giggle Greetings that I bought a couple of months ago and had yet to use.It has  a cat,(hallow'eeny), stamped in black and coloured orange , matted on orange card stock (SU pumpkin pie!)on a white card base and think it would fit in the Clean and Simple catergory.
Ok as you can hear I'm feeling pretty pleased with  myself but don't you just love it when things come together like that :) 

Just noticed that I can join in too over at the Time Out blog as their challenge is for ..

STAMPING with the optional twist of APPLES

Off  to do a bit of commenting as being laid up with this leg means no housework for me -YAY!! and with a well placed stool for my leg I'm able to carry on cardmaking,and with the rain batering on the window bliss!
Thanks for looking
xxx

12 comments:

  1. I have very similar memories of Halloween. This image is adorable and what a fab sentiment to go with it. Great colouring and thanks for sharing with us at TIME OUT Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! This really went well together. Makes me think of Garfield the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just had me giggling, Jenni ... such a cool and fun cat, brilliantly coloured ... and what a fantastic sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a funny sentiment! And I love orange with white, very fresh! Thank you for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that sentiment, Jenni! Such a fun design - thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so cute...I love your sweet cat and your sentiment is fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image of the cat, and I just LOVE that sentiment. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Goodness!!! That is so hilarious I just guffawed out loud! Thanks for the great laugh and for playing with us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stamp and sentiment! Had me laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A little somber saying, but a fun card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so cool! Love how you've used the colours from the inspiration pic. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!