A big thank you to all my followers

Sunday 24 March 2013

Beads

   



      Less is More -Use Beads


Chrissie and Jen have really pushed me with this challenge,
I have a packet of pearl beads that I have had forever ,as I bought them by mistake so was really pleased when I seen the challenge.That was until I opened the packet,  - that was my first mistake there must have been about 200 of the darn things and all went spilling over the desk -picked them up and then made my 2nd mistake trying to thread them - 
Do you know how long it took me to thread those blasted beads  (all 11 of them) and then to pick up all the ones that had pinged out of my fingers and landed on the floor,rolled across the desk (and got stuck in the keyboard at one point ..don't ask and don't tell my hubby pretty  sure the nail file I used to get it out wasn't the best tool to use ...oops!) and  all for a card  hee he are we all mad ?? -
Well it passed a Saturday night /Sunday and I got to use my new goodies to boot so all came good in the end.
Hope you are all having a good weekend wherever you are ,off  now to get the hoover for the last few that have resisted all efforts to be returned to whence they came from!
xXx

14 comments:

  1. Definitely worth the effort though - it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is absolutely gorgeous, jenni so I think all that effort and time was so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Mrs, this is lovely. The beads are fab. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love the elegance of the pearls. I can just picture them exploding when you opened them - that's exactly what would have happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was definitely worth the effort - lovely simple card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness! I LOVE this! I must pin it for future inspiration!! So simple...but definitely elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so pretty.. well worth the time...

    you should have seen all the seed beads on my desk whist i made the heart lol

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Jenny, well done! Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beads are right up there with the dreaded glitter in giving us craftland hibbie-jibbies, aren't they, Jenny?! For all that trouble, it was worth it - fab card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Jenni! You could do a variation for a wedding card - if you were prepared to brave the dreaded packet of pearls again! (Empty them onto a scrap of velvet, or something with a pile, they won't run away as quickly and they're easier to thread from there). I bet you'll still be finding stray beads for weeks, even after hoovering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I expect the air was pretty blue Jenni, but the end result is well worth all the trouble you had!
    Gorgeous card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jenni, the beads give it a very classy look! Well worth all the effort, and thanks for popping by my blog, lovely to have you visit :) Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Worth the effort, this is gorgeous and so elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hee Hee Jenni. I had a struggle finding beads in the first place. However out of all that trauma, a beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!