A big thank you to all my followers

Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Challenge#34











I was reading one of the design team for the Muse Challenge, Michele - I card everyone blog - when I came across a new challenge for me there .its called The Challenge and thought I would give it a go love the colours and they just cried out to be turned into a flower I thought.

I love the gerbera from SU and thought that I would try a spot of watercolouring (another first for me not really good at these kind of techniques!)But challenges are meant to challenge are they not??
 So stamped the image first in hero art orange ombre inks in the darker end of the spectrum and then used mustard seed distress ink for the yellow centre.Used a marker pen for the stalk and leaves,mmm think I should have left them there but no had to try watercolouring them too... looked ok until they dried! :) aw well you live and learn( also don't glue them on before the are properly dry hee he) and just in case the orange was too subtle to be seen stamped the sentiment in Su pumpkin pie and heat embossed it with clear powder on vellum
.Popped up the flower on a stitched rectangle then popped that up on dimensionals too and that was it a very simple card ..just like me!

Thanks for taking the time to look!! 
xxx



  

3 comments:

  1. Lovely and simply refined!!!! Sweet!! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you found us on Michele's blog! Yes, I immediately think of flowers with these colours too! Love your CAS design! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love how CAS this is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment it is greatly appreciated!